A major American Steel manufacturer is searching for an experienced Project Electrical Engineer for their Engineering Department at their Midwest facility. This position is responsible for the plant wide formulation/implementation of the strategic, electrical control philosophy for projects. The primary goal is to provide a direct and positive bottom line impact upon the manufacturing capabilities of the plant through effective direction and management of all control aspects of capital projects from initial concept development through the actual realization efforts. The ideal candidate would also assist with troubleshooting of existing equipment/controls throughout the facility.
- Manage the vendor base by constantly evaluating capabilities, new technologies, strategies, successes and failures in the industry on applications similar to those by AK Steel.
- Direct and assist in the development of specific work scopes for proposed projects through direct assistance or through other experts contracted for a specific process.
- Provide application assistance to both operations and engineering personnel for the selection of control, automation, motors and components.
- Evaluate differing scenarios for facility control and automation improvement through an understanding of constructability, risk assessment, relative complexity and fitness for purpose.
- Serve as the focal point for the maintenance and evolution of electrical standards.
- Evaluate cutting edge technology and application methodology to apply to known needs within the company.
- Mentor other engineers throughout the project and manufacturing organizations by providing sound guidance and support.
- Support the capital budget process through prioritized spending to assure that budget dollars are being used in the most critical area.
- Continuously participate in the evaluation of existing operations for potential process and manufacturing improvements.
- Perform technical bid evaluation (electrical) on approved capital projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. in Engineering
- Requires considerable operation exposure and experience in control development and application
- Exceptional competency and mastery of automation philosophy and appropriate control application
- Skilled in areas of project management, manufacturing and system integration