Support field installation of technology systems that meet customer expectations while having CEC’s best interests in mind, completing work on schedule, and providing internal support for assigned Project Superintendents and associated field staff.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes specific project elements in CRM including estimated start/end dates, invoice/billing schedules, and other items, as needed.
- Assist in providing project job folders to field staff.
- Works with Director of Installation Services, Project Superintendent, and Project Manager to develop task list and/or timeline for the project along with supporting identification and allocation of field-staff resources.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for project field-staff as well as lift rentals, test equipment, and badging.
- Initiates process for procuring project job-stock, and assists in monitoring delivery-status of parts and equipment; also assists in coordinating subcontractor support.
- Coordinates end-user training requirements with Training Department.
- Coordinates with Project Superintendent group on scheduling of key project meetings including internal kick-off meetings, customer kick-off meetings, and post-project reviews.
- Coordinates preparation of project deliverables including as-builts, certificates of demonstration, and training materials.
- Processes and fulfills equipment-only orders.
- Supports the creation and maintenance of project management processes, procedures, tools, and best practices.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Two year college degree from an accredited college or university, or substitute 2 years pertinent experience for each year of education, plus two years’ experience with CEC and three years’ experience working in the communications industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations as well as customers.
- Strong organizational, conflict-resolution, problem-solving and creative skills as well as the ability to make decisions based on sound judgment using accurate and timely analysis of available data.
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of project management processes, procedures, and tools.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is preferred.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The duties of this job require the employee to effectively talk and hear English language communications.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
- Some light lifting of objects is required.
- Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Above average intellectual ability and excellent judgment are needed to deal effectively with a wide range of problem solving and trouble shooting activities.
- This job is primarily located in a private office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
As a part of your total compensation, CEC provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K with a variety of investment selections
"Essential duties and responsibilities" describe those functions considered to be essential to the performance of the job. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Communications Engineering Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to achieving and maintaining a diverse workforce. Qualified
females, minorities, veterans and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply.