Duties & Responsibilities
We represent a U.S. leader in the manufacturing of custom-engineered, high-quality metal building systems. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers.
We are searching for a Project Coordinator to join our client's growing team. Application Instructions: Using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the Project Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Order management - scope, price, schedule, builder relationship, change management and communication with both internal and external customers. Constant communication with parties involved and weekly status update meetings are required.
- Balancing customer needs with the needs and efficiency of internal departments to help maximize resources while satisfying customer requirements.
- Completing a proper price/scope check on every project to ensure the scope of the quote matches that of the sold order, and that all changes have been accounted for.
- Managing changes on all assigned projects. This includes timely response and documentation, as well as thorough communication of changes. You will be required to reasonably maximize profit contribution on change orders by establishing price levels and negotiating with customers if necessary.
- Taking a proactive role in providing assistance to other Project Coordinators for support in processing orders, especially during peak sales periods, to ensure timely screening and acceptance can be accomplished on every project.
- Conducting project meetings with builders and company personnel.
- Provide additional back-up support to other positions within the Sales Service department.
Qualifications for the position include:
- 2 year degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or similar field - or related work experience
- Ability to travel to meetings and Builder offices as required
- Background in computer use with skills in Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in the areas of detailing, design, estimating, project coordination, or quality service
- Strong commitment to safety in all job aspects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding abilities in negotiating and relationship building
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to analyze and think strategically
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Focus on continual improvement