endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Title: Project Buyer
What we offer:
We develop cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. We are a global pioneer in active safety – all the cool new technology appearing in cars – night vision, cameras, smart-cruise, self-driving cars.
Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
The Project Buyer is responsible for ensuring alignment between the Supplier, Project Team, and Manufacturing to meet quality, cost, and delivery targets
- Establishes and manages a timeline for all (local, regional or global) purchasing activities to meet project milestones and Purchasing deliverables in Veoneer Product Development System (VPDS).
- Link between Project Team and Commodity Buyers to ensure the sourcing of preferred suppliers.
- Ensures that the Supplier complies with Veoneer’s procedures (contract reviews, team feasibility commitment, etc.).
- Works with Manufacturing/Logistics to ensure component availability and supplier readiness on new programs, as required.
- Call/participate launch readiness reviews.
- Coordinate schedule for Run@Rates.
- Cross-functional team member by customer /product.
- Maintain purchasing required information in component tracking system.
- Responsible for launch VE/VA activities (with Commodity Buyer support)
- Plant visits.
- Supplier visits, if required.
- Coordinates with Supplier Quality Engineer to ensure supplier deliverables meet the project requirements. (e.g. PPAP).
- Help support engineering change, when requested by Commodity Buyer.
- Create constraint plans, as required.
- Ensure component capacity in place for customer programs, as required.
- Issue discrete purchase orders for samples and prototypes prior to start of production, as required.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related
- 2 to 5 years of applicable experience preferred, preferably in automotive electronic components.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are critical.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in excel required.
- Knowledge of MRP systems (JDE) is beneficial
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.