Are you looking for a contract opportunity where you can show off your Project Analyst skills? If yes, then Recruitment Partners has the role for you. Our client is searching for Project Analyst who be creating and maintaining compliance reports and will be creating visibility on internal resource and work availability.
If you are looking to be challenged in a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Receive Work Order (WO) packages from Project Managers, review them to understand the full scope of work, and record information into work management system (Ivara)
- In consultation with Work Coordinators identify resource requirements, construction limitations work execution schedule, constraints and requirements for successful work delivery
- Issue Work Order packages to Work Coordinators and update WO information in the work management system (Ivara)
- Develop, update and maintain 4-6 week rolling executable work plan to align with Distribution Capital Program Plan in variety of formats and details to satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Monitoring deviations and variances in work plans and assisting in the developing of alternative methods for corrective actions.
- Generate and distribute weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly work execution compliance, resource and work availability reports to Project Managers, Foreman, Operations Managers and other stakeholders as required
- Work in conjunction with Work Coordinators, Foreman and Project Managers to assign and plan work at the crew level in an optimized manner ensuring the work plan is realistic, crew workloads are balanced, and project timelines are met.
- Work proactively with other EDTI departments and ensure clear communication between areas to develop visibility to Distribution work, resource requirement from other departments to improve work execution and eliminate potential delays.
- Proactively identify gaps and peaks in work schedules and crew assignments. Work with Work Coordinators and Foreman to re-allocate work order packages across all areas and with Project Manager to advance or delay projects to balance resource availability and accommodate scheduling constraints
- Support Work Coordinators and Foremen throughout the execution of work in achieving schedule compliance and meeting performance metrics by:
- Facilitating weekly work plan review meetings to evaluate work progress, constraints and strategy to address work execution issues
- Providing guidance on work order priorities based on Distribution Capital Program Plan
- Creating printable 4-6 week work plan by crews and by project
- Providing weekly schedule compliance reports for the past week
- Providing weekly crew availability and work assignment forecast reports for the next 4-6 weeks
- Complete routine Quality Assurance reviews on work orders to ensure Ivara comments are entered, WO tasks are complete, and packages are returned to Project Managers within designated timeframes.
- Other duties may be assigned consistent with the job description.
Your strengths include:
- Two-year diploma in Engineering Technology or Computer Information Systems from a recognizable educational institution. A degree in Engineering or Computer Information Systems would be considered an asset
- 10 years of progressive experience in work planning, scheduling and project management with demonstrated knowledge of:
- Engineering, procurement, and construction terminologies, concepts, and relationships.
- Advanced planning and scheduling including logic development, progress measurement, schedule impact analysis, resource loading/leveling, schedule risk analysis
- A demonstrated knowledge of planning, organizing and scheduling interdependent resources from different functions across an organization including the ability to
- Analyze construction issues and constraints, draw conclusions and develop a plan of action to address the issues
- Collaborate with groups to secure resources who may have competing demands and priorities
- Effectively lead and direct group meetings with Foreman, Project Managers and Operations managers
- Significant experience with project planning and scheduling software in particular Primavera P6 and Microsoft Projects
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (including knowledge of macros, pivot tables)
- Certification by an accredited society in Planning, Production Control, Scheduling and/or Project Management would be considered an asset;
- Thorough understanding and experience of foundation Project Management processes and procedures aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge;
- Ability to learn and perform new tasks and technology quickly
- Preferred skills include Work experience in a project environment; Experience with Work and Asset Management systems; Experience or knowledge in Power Utility, other Utilities or Oil&Gas construction.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume directly to Aapar Sandhu.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!