Project Accountant - Norcross/Peachtree Corners (on site)
The Project Accountant works closely with Project Managers to monitor the progress of their projects against budgets, investigate significant variances, report on profit profitability, and ensure that project billings are issued to clients and payment received in a timely manner.
- Set up new projects with budgets and billing terms accounting system
- Proactively review and update project budget and billing terms with new information to ensure that clients are invoiced correctly
- Maintain project folders including copies of invoices, budgets, contracts and change orders
- Forward consultant invoices to the PM for approval, then code and enter into system for processing
- Understanding contract terms and assist Project Managers throughout the life cycle of their projects
- Understand project cost variances from budget, report on project profitability to PMs, and report any significant variances to the Controller
- Before closing the monthly billing cycle, review the unbilled report and explain reasons for any project costs that were not billed to clients during the month
- Write off any project-related costs that cannot be billed to, or collected from clients
- Review the aged Accts. Rec. on an ongoing basis
- Assist with additional Accounting Administration duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree preferred
- At least 3 years, preferably in related industry.
- Understanding of project accounting
- Viewpoint & Procore (highly desired)
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Effective oral and written presentations skills
Base salary 80k-90k plus Benefits.
Please send your resume to Andree@Stafffinancial.com
for immediate consideration.Click here to apply online