This position will require close integration with Senior Management for all departments. Coordinate the effective and efficient use of facilities and personnel as well as development of schedules and budgets. The position coordination of engineering project teams, but not direct administrative supervision. Project teams range in size from three to ten manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, materials and operations staff.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Provide Program Management oversight for the Rolls Royce Derby transfer project and or the MTU TP400 project. Completes assigned projects in a timely manner, within project resources.
• Communicate with Rolls Royce and or MTU worldwide project status and required support.
• Use of MS Project and other tools to drive schedule and budget adherence.
• Communicate with Magellan Haverhill team and Magellan Corporate progress on the project.
• Coordinate Engineering Resource planning and assignments.
• Keeps management informed of project progress and problems, particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources, or product.
• Escalates and refers all project issues beyond scope of authority.
• Responds to problems in a timely, effective manner.
• Analyze key resource and processes and make recommendations to close gaps.
• Works with the director of finance to develop project budgets.
• Monitors all assigned projects to ensure achievement of financial, safety, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
• Coordinates and monitors all plans for reductions in cost and lead times for existing and new products.
• Assists in the formulation of project objectives and requirements.
• Assists in the preparation of project plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources, and the inclusion of project milestones, review points, and reporting thereof.
• Conducts program reviews, both internal and external on an as needed basis.
• Assists in the selection of staff for the project team, as indicated by project skills requirements.
• Coordinates the project staff during project performance and participates directly in project performance as required.
• Reviews all work prior to its incorporation into project or input into another project task.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to project staff.
• Reports to management on project progress, problems, and needed changes.
• Ensures that all work and documentation meet the standards of the department and the project.
• Fulfills administrative project reporting requirements.
• Fulfills additional duties as assigned.
• Is available for travel domestic and international.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business Administration) or equivalent experience.
• Program Management experience or PMP Certification.
• Minimum of six (6) years’ work experience, two (2) of which must have been in Program Management.
• Experience in project planning and technical coordination or as a leader of a subtask of a major project
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.