Magellan Aerospace, New York (Queens) has an exciting new opportunity for a Program Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for production planning and managing new program introductions. Our products consist of low volume, complex machined details and final assemblies for the aerospace and defense industry.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Manage new product introduction planning efforts
- Primary point of Customer contact and communicates production status to Customers
- Reviews and addresses MRP messages and follow-up
- Act as a liaison between Engineering, Production and Purchasing to ensure that materials and labor are available to support production plan.
- 3 + years’ experience in planning in a low volume manufacturing environment.
- Hands on knowledge of MRP systems.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Must have a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and manufacturing planning and control systems.
- Contract manufacturing experience preferred.
- LEAN and JIT hands on experience preferred.
- BSME or equivalent work experience preferred
- APICS certification preferred.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.