Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager.
This is a full-time exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to direct, plan, formulate, coordinate, and manage functions and staff required to support the assigned project and program in the areas of engineering, program management, procurement, risk management, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, contract management, problem solving, process improvement, customer and supplier relationship building, and sales and marketing.
- Evaluates, analyzes, and makes recommendations on new and existing products, designs and design changes, and manufacturing through put to support the assigned program and to improve the competitive position of the company.
- Investigates process improvement ideas and strategies that will provide greater productivity, increase manufacturing through put, and increase efficiencies of company functions.
- Assist and make recommendations to help the Purchasing Department make decisions to support the assigned program. Includes traveling to meet with suppliers to assist in solving technical, design changes, and scheduling issues. When necessary assist suppliers in managing their resources to support Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. needs and requirements.
- Assist in developing new designs and new products while identifying and monitoring the manufacturing and business risks associated with implementing the new products and or designs.
- Provides support to Sales and Marketing Group regarding sales presentations, customer support, costing, forecasting, and program status.
- Work closely with Program manager and customer in the area of risk management. Identify, manage, and chart the progress of the risks to support the project and program. Including but not limited to areas such as off loading and work transfer of manufacturing processes from Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. and other companies within Magellan Aerospace, and implementing new manufacturing processes and capital equipment to meet production requirements.
- Review and monitor engineering designs and drawing changes to meet engineering and customer requirements, including participation and may facilitate the configuration control board to insure all changes are properly reviewed and incorporated.
- Acts as point of contact between customer, Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. engineering, and program management with regard to engineering coordination memos and proposed changes to design and configuration for the assigned program.
To perform this job successfully, requires good communication skills. An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to supervise and manage a group of individuals via dotted line reporting such as design or other engineers, production manufacturing, production control and quality personnel, and various others.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.