Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Kitchener has a great new opportunity for a Program Manager. The successful incumbent is the primary interface to the customer; therefore, a solid customer relationship and customer satisfaction will be the Program Manager's prime objective.
Program Management (Development/Implementation)
- Customer Relationship/Satisfaction – Program Manager is the key contact with the customer. Overall program status and any issues with regard to Quality, Delivery and cost are consistently reviewed and status understood. A solid customer relationship and customer satisfaction is a prime objective.
- Define, Manage and Lead the overall planning and track the execution of multiple NPI projects to enable a successful implementation of future contracts.
- Ensure all teams are aligned to the company strategy, starting with product definition, through design, through manufacturing, through certification and manufacturing operations
- Produce and monitor overall project schedule for deliverables, integrating team schedules and identifying dependencies, conflicts and critical path.
- Ensure all delivery commitments are met, financial commitments tied to the delivery commitments are met, technical and financial issues are resolved
- Provide reporting on schedule delays, roadblocks, optimistic estimates, dependency conflicts, open items and challenges
- Lead regular status meetings (with MAK senior management, with customers, etc) regarding the implementation of new contracts
- New business development/Marketing – stay in touch with the customers to understand the market on their current product and any opportunity for increased business with those products as well as new products and business opportunities. Maybe required to travel to customer facilities to present our capabilities. May be required to hosting / coordinating customer visits, tours and presentations.
- Be a critical interface with customers, MAK’s senior and corporate leadership, manufacturing, supplier management, quality and engineering
- Provide excellent communication/relationship management both internally and externally. This includes overall status, schedules (deliveries and projects), accomplishments, areas that require improvement, customer feedback, etc.
- Implement appropriate processes for documenting lessons learned and sharing of best practices
- At least 10 years of program/project management experience leading and/or managing complex multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Project Management Certificate or Business Administration or Certification in Management Administration
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills and solid understanding of product development and production processes.
- 10-25% of travel time will be required for this position
- Excellent knowledge of production tools, processes, operations planning, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors in accordance with plans.
- Excellent written /verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Export Compliance or willingness to learn and participate in Export Compliance Team
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)