Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Program Manager at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, MB.
The Program Manager will report to the Director of Operations for Aerostructures, and will be responsible for managing priorities in a dynamic environment within limited time periods and budgets to accomplish measurable tasks through the combined efforts of a variety of disciplines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Act as the key contact with the customer; ensure that overall program status and any issues with regards to Quality, Delivery and Cost are consistently reviewed and status understood; solid customer relationship and customer satisfaction is a prime objective.
- Promote teamwork throughout the organization and coach / mentor people when conflicts arise. Motivate and energize their teams to ensure that everyone is focused and all are driving towards the same objective in a positive atmosphere.
- Define, manage, and lead various projects to both meet customer requirements and improve the overall performance of the program (cost, delivery, and quality); ensure monthly reports (internally / externally as required) are completed and presented; sponsor and lead continuous improvement projects in order to achieve program improvements (cost, delivery, and quality).
- Ensure that there is good communication surrounding the program (both internally and externally). This includes overall status, schedules (deliveries and projects), accomplishments, areas that need improvement, customer feedback, etc.
- The Program Manager will be in touch with their customers to understand the market on their current product and any opportunity for increased business with those products as well as new products and business opportunities. Travel to customer facilities to present our capabilities may be required in addition to hosting / coordinating customer visits, tours and presentations.
- Protect and update the program budget and scope, while ensuring the mitigation of risk to the program and stakeholders.
- Ensure the mitigation of risks / potential impacts to cost, schedule, or quality (as identified by the program team), whenever possible. Any optional financial impact to the program shall be pre-approved by the program manager.
- Perform basic data analysis and visualization of ERP/MES system supplied, manufacturing related, data. Including development of graphs and charts supporting visualization of data for use at all levels within the organization.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Completion of an Engineering program at Bachelor or Technologist level; CIM or relevant business / management courses, degree or diploma, as well as formal leadership courses are preferred.
- PMP designation is an asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience in a program management or similar role. Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred, and experience in the management of direct reports and leadership roles is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in Continual Improvement tools is an asset.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), computer and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Projects, Excel, and PowerPoint, including data acquisition through SQL/Oracle type system databases.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.