Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Program Manager. The successful incumbent will manage the introduction of new business into the Magellan Haverhill business unit. This will require close integration with Senior Management for all departments. The Program Manager will coordinate the effective and efficient use of facilities and personnel as well as development of schedules and budgets. Project teams range in size from three to ten manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, materials and operations staff.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Provide Program Management oversight for newly awarded contract. Completes assigned projects in a timely manner, within project resources.
- Communicate with Customers worldwide project status and required support on a daily and/or weekly basis
- Use of MS Project and other tools to drive schedule and budget adherence.
- Communicate with Magellan Haverhill team and Magellan Corporate progress on the project.
- Coordinate Engineering Resource planning and assignments.
- Keep management informed of project progress and problems, particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources, or product.
- Escalate and refers all project issues beyond scope of authority.
- Respond to problems in a timely, effective manner.
- Analyze key resource and processes and make recommendations to close gaps.
- Work with the director of finance to develop project budgets.
- Monitor all assigned projects to ensure achievement of financial, safety, quality, and on-time delivery goals.
- Coordinates and monitors all plans for reductions in cost and lead times for existing and new products.
- Assists in the formulation of project objectives and requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of project plans and schedules, including requirements, tasks, work assignments, resources, and the inclusion of project milestones, review points, and reporting thereof.
- Conduct program reviews, both internal and external on an as needed basis.
- Assists in the selection of staff for the project team, as indicated by project skills requirements.
- Coordinate the project staff during project performance and participates directly in project performance as required.
- Review all work prior to its incorporation into project or input into another project task.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to project staff.
- Report to management on project progress, problems, and needed changes.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meet the standards of the department and the project.
- Fulfill administrative project reporting requirements.
- Fulfill additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering or Business Administration) or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years experience in Program Management
- PMP Certification preferred but not required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Available for travel, domestic and international.
- Experience in project planning and technical coordination or as a leader of a subtask of a major project
- Thorough familiarity with problem analysis.
- Knowledge of MS Office, expert knowledge with MS Project is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.