Magellan Aerospace Kitchener has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and knowledgeable Program Manager. In this position the successful candidate will act as the primary interface to the customer, senior and corporate leadership and play a key role in achieving the manufacturing facility’s business objectives.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Free parking
- Prioritize and maintain Customer Relationship/Satisfaction as a key contact with the customer
- Consistently reviewing and overall program status and any issues with regard to Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Define, Manage and Lead the overall planning and track the execution of multiple NPI projects to enable a successful implementation of future contracts.
- Ensure all teams are aligned to the company strategy, starting with product definition, through design, through manufacturing, through certification and manufacturing operations
- Produce and monitor overall project schedule for deliverables, integrating team schedules and identifying dependencies, conflicts and critical path.
- Ensure all delivery commitments are met, financial commitments tied to the delivery commitments are met, technical and financial issues are resolved
- Provide reporting on schedule delays, roadblocks, optimistic estimates, dependency conflicts, open items and challenges
- Lead regular status meetings with senior management customers, etc. regarding the implementation of new contracts
- Keeping in touch with customers to understand the market on their current product and any opportunity for increased business with those products as well as new products and business opportunities.
- Be a critical interface with customers, senior and corporate leadership, manufacturing, supplier management, quality and engineering
- Provide excellent communication/relationship management both internally and externally. This includes overall status, schedules (deliveries and projects), accomplishments, areas that require improvement and customer feedback, etc
- Implement appropriate processes for documenting lessons learned and sharing of best practices
- 10 to 25% of travel time will be required to visit customer facilities and present our capabilities and for hosting/coordinating customer visits, tours and presentations
- At least 10 years of program/project management experience leading and/or managing complex multi-disciplinary projects, preferably in the aerospace industry
- Project Management Certificate or Business Administration or Certification in Management Administration
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills and solid understanding of product development and production processes.
- Excellent knowledge of production tools, processes, operations planning, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors in accordance with plans.
- Excellent written /verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Export Compliance or willingness to learn and participate in Export Compliance Team
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!