Our client in Toronto is looking for a Software Development Program Manager with experience in the SDLC and software releases preferably in the Online Learning (LMS) field.Job Description:
- Provide STRONG leadership, direction, planning, execution and delivery of various software projects involving LMS (Learning Management Systems).
- Must take product ownership and have superior product management skills.
- Understand methodologies and the role of DevOps in SDLC AGILE environment including building DevOps pipelines in a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Provide leadership to your team of developers including mentorship, keeping up with new technologies and systems, developing training materials, do whatever it takes for your team be successful.
- Provide project management expertise with respect to communicating with different teams, stakeholders, mitigating risk and ensuring you provide timely delivery of projects.
- Responsible for building new teams, assessing staffing needs and the recruitment and training materials of newly hired developers in order to ensure your team is successful in project delivery and collaboration.
- Provide continuous reporting and act accountable to upper management with respect to resources, timelines and deliverables.
- Ensure project excellence via Agile/Waterfall through strong communication and leadership: lead sprint, SCRUM meetings and act as a scrum master/ expert throughout the SDLC.
- Follow practices, WCAG standards and be a leader in the development of new 'best practices'.
- Continuously work with Solution Architects as well as clients in order to define project vision and direction.
- Solid 10+ years' experience managing teams in Software Development and releases (SDLC).
- STRONG Product Management skills and understanding
- SCRUM/ Waterfall certified and preferably PMP certified.
- STRONG communication skills with cross-functional teams, stakeholders, QA, developers etc...
- Experience in recruitment of new developers and creating training materials.
- Bachelor's in IT or Computer Science.
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!