Our client, a global tier one automotive supplier, is looking for a Program Buyer to join their growing team in Farmington Hills, MI.
Why work here?
This company is a recognized leader in their product space and is experiencing growth in North America. Their product lines are diversified across several verticals providing global strength and stability. This is a full-time position which offers a full benefits package (medical, vision, dental, 401K).
The Program Buyer is responsible for planning and execution of supplier sourcing for parts and services for all new programs.
- Act as the primary interface of the Program Team with suppliers
- Lead purchasing activities to develop cost targets for all bill of material items and supplier investments
- Lead the Request for Quote process and analysis
- Lead the Program Team in feasibility and risk assessment
- Ensure all program supplier sourcing activity aligns with company strategy
- Negotiate long-term supplier contracts
- Communicate new pricing and commercial terms
- BS in Supplier Chain, Engineering, or related
- Technical or Manufacturing environment experience
- Tier 1 or Tier 2 automotive experience working in purchasing
- Experience with SAP, AS400, and MAPICS
If you are interested in learning more, please apply to this posting.