- Handle claims made against insureds located nationwide, including coverage analysis, investigation, liability and potential exposure analysis, the development and implementation of resolution strategies for claims made and reported under various professional liability insurance policies.
- Effectively and promptly communicate with insureds, agents, brokers and underwriters.
- Litigation management including strategizing with defense counsel and experts on the defense of claims/cases in litigation, as well as declaratory judgment actions on coverage.
- Reserve claims files early & accurately, with goal of minimizing adverse development, and update reserves appropriately based upon claim development.
- Negotiate settlements; attend mediations, arbitrations & trials as appropriate (travel costs reimbursable).
- Manage & control Loss Adjusting Expenses spent on attorneys, experts, independent adjusters & vendors.
- Refer all potential policy limits demands, independent counsel, bad faith allegations/suits, DOI issues to executive team.
- Present, analyze and make recommendations on reserves, coverage and strategy to Executive Management both verbally and in writing.
- Coordinate with SIS to ensure State Licensing requirements are met and comply with State Guidelines for Good Faith Claims Handling.
- Maximize Recovery by identifying and managing subrogation & deductible protocol and actions.
- Prepare Large Loss Reports & Trial Alerts for Claims and Underwriting Management and Reinsurance.
- 7+ plus years of background experience in professional liability and/or insurance coverage at a law firm and/or insurance company; and/or 10+ years of experience in adjusting professional liability claims as a licensed insurance adjuster for an insurance company. JD preferred.
- Significant expertise and experience in managing Architects and Engineers and/or Management Liability (For Profit D&O and EPL) claims is preferred.
- Expertise and experience in managing Legal Malpractice, Miscellaneous E&O and/or Financial Institution claims is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in effectively managing a high volume workload of professional liability claims.
- Highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment; able to prioritize effectively to accomplish objectives with creativity and enthusiasm, and minimal supervision.