We are seeking Production Workers to join our team at Magellan’s Rocket Fuel Propellant Plant located just North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting opportunity for full-time permanent Production Workers at our Rockwood Propellant Plant. This position is unionized.
Our Rockwood facility is located just 20 km North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
The Production Worker will be responsible for preparing rocket fuel by weighing chemicals in accordance with written instructions and procedures, and assembling rocket motors using a variety of simple and specialized tools. This position will also be required to move goods internally via forklift, package rocket motors, and load goods onto transport vehicles as required.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free parking
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Grade XII or equivalent level.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow directions from drawings and written procedures.
- Ability to operate pneumatic hand tools and specialized equipment.
- Computer skills are a definite asset.
- Requires good hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements.
- Experience with manufacturing processes will be considered an asset.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.