Magellan Aerospace, Glendale is a sand casting manufacturer of magnesium and aluminum parts for the aerospace industry. Working as a Permanent Part-time General Worker, this individual will be able to work a guaranteed 30 hour or if agreed upon, fewer than 30 hour work week with flexible hours and days to meet both the company’s and the worker’s demand. There is the option to go full-time when the employee is ready. No experience is necessary, as there will be on the job training.
- Paid Break
- Paid holiday’s based upon hours worked after 3 months employment
- Paid vacation after 6 months employment based upon hours worked
- Paid sick time based upon AZ paid sick time law
- Secured parking
- Second shift differential for those working 2nd shift (2:30 PM start time or later)
- 1st Shift pay - $14.50 hr. / 2nd Shift pay - $16.75 hr.
The General Worker job assignment can be in various departments and may include:
- Part-marking castings using a vibro-etching machine
- Manually hand packing molds using a sand mixture
- Finishing of castings with small hand held pneumatic tools
- Expediting parts and supplies
- Sorting and identifying parts
- Run equipment to clean castings
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have a Permanent Resident Card (We are ITAR regulated)
- Able to work 4-5 hours, scheduled per your choice of working days, (Monday-Saturday) and choice of start times
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty work environment
- Ability to stand, walk and lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
- Good vision and manual dexterity
- Must come to work at agreed upon time and scheduled days
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.