My Client has a very exciting opportunity for a Production Technician!
Our Production Technicians operate our chemical processes and perform production related activities, utilizing their chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. The Production Technician works in a team environment where collaboration and teamwork are critical to meeting the goals of the business.
Work schedule: 12 hour shifts - Days or Nights
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production and productivity goals of ALAM.
- Effectively prioritizes their daily tasks working with the Production Leads and Production Supervisors.
- Participate in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
- Actively participate on ALAM’s emergency response (ER) team and ER entry team
- Reviews and updates the Standard Operating Procedures
- Reviews and updates the Learning Resources for the processes
- Completes their annual personal goals to achieve the plant goals and their own personal development goals
- Assembles and disassembles production equipment
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis
- Successfully complete all assigned training
- Cross-trains peers on approved functions
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be and remain clean shaven at all times
- Ability to wear a full face tight fitting respirator and a fully encapsulated (Level A) ER suit, Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA), or any other tight-fitting and/or supplied air respirators (SAR)
- Ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- Fitness for duty, including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 pounds and climb ladders
- Ability to work rotating shifts - day and/or nights
- Demonstrated positive attitude and safety-first attitude
- Demonstrate ability to obtain proper assistance when confronted with problem situations
- Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant's goals
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Associates Degree in Applied Science in processing Technology or other related science
- 2+ years of chemical handling desirable
- 2+ years experience working on mechanical / electrical systems
- Military experience with Nuclear, Electronics or Mechanical training
- Understanding of analytical processes for chemical processing
- Knowledge of root cause investigation process and methodology
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing