Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Production Team Leader
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 34.5 hours, 12 hour shifts on a 4 week rotation
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
This is a brilliant opportunity to join Magellan Aerospace. Our successful candidate o be responsible for achieving the agreed objectives of the business and manager the machine shop accordingly
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To organise the workload to meet business targets, settings and changing priorities as needed, and to arrange the necessary materials and resources, taking responsibility for the tools and equipment in terms of capacity and maintainability.
- To be responsible for training machine shop, arranging continuous improvement training in conjunction with skills availability, keeping the skills matrix up to date and ensuring that the machine shop members regularly practice skills. Maintain all documentation relating the smooth running of the machine shop
- To manage day to day HR Issues within the Machine Shop including recruitment, PDR’s generating and maintaining high morale, maintaining and controlling attendance records
- To lead and continuously improve the work of the Machine Shop ensuring compliance with Quality standards
- To communicate with union representatives as required
- To liaise with other internal departments i.e Material control, Engineering, Purchasing etc in an effort to expedite work.
- To put into place action plans to correct any areas where targets are not being met
- In the case of machinery and equipment failures, document these and communicate to the appropriate function, agreeing the necessary actions to restore production quickly
- To be responsible for the smooth introduction of new products and processes
- Carry out other duties commensurate with the position as Cell Manager/Production Supervisor.
- To deliver 100% quality and ensure all NCR forms are completed fully and submitted during the shift timeframe.
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Basic level of education.
- Undergone a time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of aerospace or suitable engineering experience relating to CNC preferable.
- Man management experience.
- Use of MRP system to manage work
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft parts, specifications and standards.
- Leads by example, setting goals and targets
- Manages time and prioritises
- Trains, mentors & delegates
- Listens and communicates
- Evaluates employees and performance
- Advises and disciplines
- Assesses risks and makes decisions
- Thinks clearly and analytically
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!