endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Production Supervisor maintains order and provides resources to their teams. This commitment involves not only ensuring that each team member has what they need daily, it extends to the overall job satisfaction and career path of each individual in their area throughout their time with our client. The Production Supervisor’s priorities are split between ensuring production objectives are met, continuous improvement is taking place, and that their team members continue to develop and grow in their careers. The ideal candidate will be someone that can focus on multiple areas to ensure resources are aligned, available, and properly trained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the work of others, spanning several operational areas. Must feel comfortable getting people out of their comfort zone in order to fully accommodate production needs.
- Assists Area Manager by identifying work procedures, preparing work schedules, and expediting workflow. Issues written and oral instructions to Area Leaders.
- Attends daily production meeting to review current order status, any issues and/or changes that are required, known downtime or quality issues and report out on project status.
- Reviews forecasts for production needs, runs open order reports and properly assigns work to be completed.
- Assists Area Leads when necessary to acquire coverage for absenteeism if no other options are available to meet customer demand.
- Monitors training plans for each individual and meets monthly to review progress, removes roadblocks to ensure continued growth and development. Regularly reviews Competency Based Training (CBT) for assigned associates.
- Ensures team members are continuously learning and cross-training to develop a flexible workforce.
- Studies performance results of their area and coordinates continuous improvement activity to meet or exceed established safety, productivity, quality and uptime goals.
- Performs Layered Process Audits to ensure system within their area are followed as documented and the desired results are being achieved.
- Ensures all team members understand their Metric Boards and facilitates problem solving efforts.
- Maintains orderly workplace to facilitate effortless operations, assigns daily housekeeping schedules and makes sure they are completed.
- Administers employee documentation, documenting accomplishments or needs for improvement and making sure that each team member has what they need in order to be successful.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Some college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leadership experience. Preferably leading multiple teams while providing continuous support and feedback regarding performance.
- Lean manufacturing training such as 5S, Standard Work, Problem Solving and Value Stream Mapping, is strongly desired.
- Must be comfortable working with ERP databases (Odyssey).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.