Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Production Supervisor
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for a strong supervisor to join our Production team in our Greyabbey facility. Our successful candidate will be responsible for the daily, weekly and monthly management of production teams to ensure KPI's and production targets are met consistently in line with objectives and company targets.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Lead and develop production teams and work towards daily production targets, KPI's and strategies
- Lead the production team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work.
- Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
- Develop and implement a production stream strategy to meet the goals of the site and business strategy.
- Support the management of all production activities to deliver the MPS, SOT, OTC and OTFG goals
- Supervision of staff to ensure all quality, attendance and health and safety targets are met. This may involve leading investigation reviews and presenting findings to Senior management.
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing appropriate Lean Six Sigma Methodologies
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan and work with Production Manager to optimise labour across the site.
- Monitor & Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness). Identification of bottlenecks within the process, report and conduct problem solving with relevant production team members
- Develop and maintain a high level of 6s throughout all production areas.
- Leadership CMI Level 5 or above (Desirable)
- Knowledge of working in a machine tool environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing working practises.
- Knowledge of processes and rate manufacturing environment.
- Ability to set up and manage high performing manufacturing teams
- A logical and analytical approach to RCCA and OEE improvements
- Man management experience.
- Computer and numerical literacy.
- Lean Manufacturing Management
- Root cause Analysis
- Problem solving.
- Lead by example setting goals and targets
- Manage time and priorities
- Trains, mentors and delegates
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Evaluates team and individual performance
- Assesses risks and makes decisions
- Focused and self-confident
- Results orientated
- Earns respect of colleagues
- Able to accept mentoring and develop an understanding of personal improvement plans.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!