My Client has a very exciting oppurtunity for a Production Supervisor with a global leader in packaging. This opening offers challenging work, great compensation/benefit package and career advancement opportunities. Message me for more details email@example.com
Supervises all plant production activities on a specific shift. Responsible for meeting production schedules and standards, producing product in accordance with applicable customer requirements, and maintaining optimum production at the least possible cost. Supervises shift support personnel in absence of department supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Directs the manufacturing and material handling activities for the plant during their shift. Oversees training and supervision of hourly employee activities; administers plant rules and procedures; recommends employees and candidates for hire, promotion, demotion, transfer, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Effectively manages the work schedule for the plant to prevent idle time, and provide for the optimal use of manpower, machinery and material. This includes the proper use of any established work standards. Responsible for scheduling and controlling overtime working in conjunction with the plant production needs.
- Maintains standards of quality to meet customer and internal specifications. Strives to continuous improvement in quality performance through proper training, good communication, effective leadership / supervision, and follow-up with all members of shift.
- Maintains safe working conditions throughout the plant by taking corrective action on unsafe conditions or acts. Responsible for ensuring incident reports and associated corrective actions are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Chairs assigned shift safety committee, implements all approved safety recommendation, and insures compliance with established safety standards, including lockout / tag out, hearing conservation and other required programs.
- Effectively handles employee complaints, suggestions, questions, and conflicts in accordance with the guidelines established in the Employee Handbook, and in accordance with Company policy/procedure. Maintains employee morale and discipline through fairness and impartiality.
- Responsible for reporting and controlling al safety, quality, and efficiency performance daily through written or verbal communication.
- Assists in the review of labor and manufacturing costs as they relate to production. Analyses, pursues and recommends methods for reducing these costs.
- Coordinates the implementation of any approved process or procedure changes. Responsible for communicating these changes to production personnel and follows-up to insure understanding and proper implementation.
- Keeps current on technical developments and changes in order to instruct and train employees.
- Performs other related duties as requested.