Production Supervisor - Dalton, GA
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the general operation of the Dalton site. The position is directly responsible for operations of production units, as well as management of the plant within the guidance of the technical and environmental, health and safety programs.
- Production Operators (6)
- Warehouse Technicians (3)
- Set high standards and ensure full Health, Safety, Environmental, & Security Compliance to plant policies/procedures and corporate guidelines.
- Review production schedule and determine necessary resources for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and customer requirements.
- Focus on best practices, process capabilities, and process improvements to increase plant reliability and reduce equipment downtime using OEE metrics.
- Coordinate production/maintenance planning for weekly planning and annual maintenance turnarounds.
- Involvement in the hiring, training, and evaluation of all Production Operators.
- Involvement in plant projects related to production and warehouse, providing Operational input to these projects.
- Maintain a challenging and rewarding workplace cultivating innovative ideas from our employees to improve our competitiveness.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators with monthly reports provided to plant management
- Develops and provides support of the Company policies promoting a safe and environmentally friendly operation.
- Assumes responsibility readily and promotes teamwork.
- Currently demonstrates a high degree of human relationship skills.
- Demonstrated a high degree of success with past assignments of increasing responsibility.
- Must promote innovation and willingness to try new concepts (thinking out of the box).
Organization Ability and Understanding
- Should be capable of getting things done within the “company system”.
- Past history showing strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Established understanding and commitment to documenting control and various Quality processes.
Click here to apply online
- High School Diploma
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in chemical plant operations (reactions & blending)
- Surfactant process and/or production knowledge (desired)
- Should possess a good working knowledge of one or more operating units from previous experience.