please email resumes to email@example.com
Purpose & Scope:
Our company is in search of a Production Supervisor. This position requires the ability to lead the hourly team members to attain production and quality goals for customer specifications while ensuring the safest working environment possible. The person in this position is responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce in order to improve business results. Supervisors identify problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolve issues; ensure production resources (including materials, equipment, and human resources) are available as needed to maintain product schedules; support continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, yields, cost, and customer service.
- Supervise, evaluate and direct personnel on shift in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures
- Stimulate maximum safety, efficiency, motivation and productivity of production workers
- Regularly motivate and coach to develop employees in order to obtain results
- Trains and provides an environment for employees to achieve their maximum quality and productivity performance in their respective positions.
- Anticipate and determine causes of delays in operations and take appropriate actions to meet production schedules
- Apply company employee relations and union contract policies in all dealings with employees
- Monitor and confirm that machinery, equipment and facilities are properly maintained and sanitized for efficient production
- Arrange to have appropriate production records prepared and maintained (i.e., payroll, yields, pre-operational paperwork)
- Work closely with other production supervisors, management, Union, and USDA to promote efficiency and teamwork in each department and in plant facility
- Attend meetings as scheduled or called
- Ensure area is properly staffed/crewed to meet operational needs
- Responsible for meeting volume goals, reducing claims, maximizing yields, reducing cost and employee retention