Do you have exposure to manufacturing plastic food packaging products? Are you seeking to acquire valuable industrial experience within a global organization, this is the opportunity for you.
Pay: $60,000 CAD - $65,000Benefits:
- Health/Dental benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Bonus, and other perks available after probation.
Afternoon : 3PM to 11PM
Night Shift : 11PM to 7 AM
Process: 1-2 week(s) till an offer
1 x Phone Screen (The Orbis Inc. - 10 mins)
1 x In-person Interview (The Orbis Inc. - 30 mins)
1 x Phone Screen (End Client - 10 mins)
1 x In-person Interview (End Client - 30 minutes)
Nice to see:
- One to three years of supervisory experience in a warehouse environment or supply chain.
- Proficient with SAP, Catalyst, Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook)
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Ability to prioritize workload and work well under pressure
- SAP, Windows, Outlook, and Access working on all the systems throughout the shift to do the necessary work
- Working in a unionized environment
- Updating spreadsheets
You will be part of an international organization that manufactures packaging products for the food industry. They have 40 locations worldwide, and a team of 15,000 strong. They doubled their size in 2012 through strategic acquisition and are looking to maintain and replicate the ongoing success. You will be overseeing and coordinating between the clients, logistics companies and internal teams.
- Certification in Supply Chain Management or similar
Interested in other similar roles? Check out all our current openings at:www.theorbisinc.com
- Supervise and promote practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards, and serve the needs of our customers. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement
- Studies production schedules and estimates time requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production requirements
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products. Suggests changes in working condition and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Take ownership and demonstrate leadership necessary to achieve goals specific to Safety, Quality, Service, Efficiency and Employee Development
- Lead by example to promote and encourage employees to strongly commit to safety
- Establish an environment that encourages employee engagement, participation and teamwork within and between all departments
- Schedule product priorities, equipment, workstations and staff to efficiently meet production goals on time. This includes taking daily attendance, scheduling personnel on specific lines and coordinating lunch and rest breaks
- Track Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of targets. This includes generating any necessary reports for site management as required
- Writes, issues and maintains Standard Operating Procedures. Interprets company policies to employees when necessary