Our client, a food manufacturer with a location in Kansas City, has an opening for an experienced Supervisor of Production Responsibilities Include:
- Develop resource plans to effectively meet established weekly production schedules.
- Responsible for employee safety and food safety.
- Ensure that all personnel are following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to promote the production of quality product in an environment conducive to food safety requirements.
- Work in partnership with QA personnel to address any identified process or customer issues.
- Leads and directs production personnel in the attainment of established production standards, goals and objectives including those associated with OEE, yields, productivity, safety, cost control and other key performance indicators.
- Work with Maintenance in support of the TPM process to ensure that equipment PMs are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs or coordinates any necessary training required for operators to be effective and safe in the performance of their jobs.
- Champion Lean activities for assigned areas of responsibility, such as 5S and Value Stream Mapping to identify waste and develop plans to eliminate that waste and promote a continuous improvement environment.
- Lead a team of approximately 25-35 in our prepared foods manufacturing plant that is highly automated.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in business, engineering, meat science or related field.
Prior supervisory experience preferred, 2+ years in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of management. Special Skills:
Computer Skills: System experience to include: Excel, Microsoft Word, and data entry experience. Strong spreadsheet capabilities.
Regional relocation provided
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online