· Trains employees in company policies and procedures, and in the proper and safe use of equipment and tools
· Responsible for ensuring housekeeping and optimum utilization of space on the production floor to maintain organization.
· Responsible for production paperwork, to include production reports, employee attendance sheet, related production equipment inventory.
· Directs and mentors Technical staff to accomplish company objectives and goals.
· Documents and reports production and personnel data as required
· Utilizes and maintain ERP system (IQMS) to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
· Make recommendations to improve operations and efficiency, and reduce cost
· Builds the capability of molding technicians, material handlers and machine tenders to maintain operation efficiencies, meet objectives in a safe and productive environment
· Post and transfer all product and raw materials as needed, including but not limited to tracking, analyze and resolve any variances
· Required to maintain technical expertise on new processes, equipment, and industry practices
· Reviews all reports within responsibility area, with plant manager and scheduling, on periodic basis, in order to make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material availability.
· Develop an understanding of customers’ needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
· Manage and maintain objectives and goals in accordance with standard molding machine cycles, to maximize machine run time and minimize machine downtime.
· Ensure employee awareness of both physical and food safety requirements, company goals, objectives, policies, and procedures and hold employees accountable.
· Expected to be hands on manager and aware of financial result of management decisions
· Performs other duties as required.