Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Production Structural Supervisor (3rd Shift) to join our client's growing team.Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@zsgtalent.com
- Provide plant support in all facets of production operations including safety, environmental compliance, personnel, contractor management, data collection, construction projects, sourcing suppliers, and cost control
- Familiarity of machinery and manufacturing processes of each line
- Identify process improvements that result in efficiency and cost savings
- Communications within the group to ensure solid teamwork and a productive work environment
- The Supervisor will be responsible for all hiring, training, and development of teammates to achieve their full potential
- Travel with short notice
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the continuous improvements in Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Productivity through honesty, trustworthiness, and leadership by example within their work group
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 year experience in leadership with multiple direct reports within a team oriented manufacturing environment, and responsibility for coaching and mentoring.
- Direct experience leading in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with computer software which include inventory, timekeeping, scheduling, cost analysis, etc.
- 2-4 year degree in related field
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Strong coaching and teaching skills for employee development
- Must be readily adaptable to change and an initiator of change
- Solid listening and communication skills as well as the ability to organize and multi-task.
- Experience with troubleshooting production lines and material handling systems