DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a critical member of the Genoa Plant management team, with the responsibilities for Hydrate, Packing and Kiln departments.
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, personnel, plant efficiency, availability, environmental compliance and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the production workforce is effectively developed, deployed and managed.
- Utilize and empower group leaders to monitor KPI’s in safety, environmental, quality and production.
- Maintain and utilize the company’s equipment, assets, and resources to ensure maximum long term value.
- Implement strategic framework and corporate initiatives and ensure they are clearly communicated, understood, and followed within the plant.
- Develop and implement initiatives to improve plant performance.
- Lead and develop an effective engaged workforce within the plant that works well with other functions: Maintenance, Sales, Engineering, ESGQA and Human Resources.
- Contribute to the success of Company’s lime business by sharing information and applying Company- wide best practices.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, suppliers, customers, local communities and local, provincial and federal governments.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Plant operations experience (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance, and administration).
- Relevant college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), people skills (able to motivate, coach and develop people).
- Well organized and able to process large amounts of complex information, effective operational troubleshooting skills and effective decision making skills.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft programs, JD Edwards or the ability to learn such.