PURPOSE: The Production Supervisor at this growing specialty paper operation in the Midwest, will lead and direct the operators and production team on the paper machine. The successful candidate will have a technical background in the industry, and strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to move up the leadership ladder. Potential for career growth in to a Superintendent position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors compliance with safety guidelines, builds awareness about safety, and addresses safety concerns brought to attention.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the shift.
- Responsible for the resolution of shift issues.
- Ensures all schedules and releases are met.
- Provides daily communications to the shift
- Responsible for performance counseling of individuals for unacceptable performance relating to safety, quality, productivity, and/or inappropriate behavior to include disciplinary action if required.
- Prepares and distributes shift report.
- Performs daily audits to ensure that safety, housekeeping, basic care rounds, and established job standards are followed.
- Serves as a liaison to communicate identified problems to support team as well as problem status feedback to the crews.
- Supports mill and department goals in safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost, productivity and continuous improvement.
- Completes all shift accident investigations within 24 hour period. Ensures corrective action is taken to address issue.
- Manages individual job assignments and crew member training plans with assistance from other departmental personnel.
- B.S. Paper, Chemical, Industrial, or related discipline
- Previous supervisory skills preferred in a manufacturing environment, specifically papermaking.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people
- Good Organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level