About this role: To efficiently deploy manpower, materials and facilities at their disposal and working closely with all supervisors/managers, the fabrication inside sales staff and the outside sales representative, to provide for the timely production of finished goods and services in accordance with customer requirements and establish procedures and work instructions.
What you will do:
- Review routers for accuracy, availability of material, due dates, and machine specification making corrections and/or adjustment when required to ensure efficient and effective production of product
- Monitor the work load to each department adjusting manpower distribution to handle peak demands
- Act as a liaison between fabrication inside sales, the purchasing department, the fabricating department, quality control and shipping when anticipated delivery schedules cannot be met.
- Assist operators with question and problems arising form the production process
- Review delivery performance report weekly for on time performance and investigation instances of non conformance to schedule
- Monitors work centers for scheduling work in progress for the efficient and effective use of manpower and equipment
- Review of closed routers when planned costs are exceeded by the actual cost and take appropriate corrective action. Review material for inventory accountability and usage on job. Review material charged off to job versus what was actually called out for on router
- Be able to assist in the shop when personnel shortages or extreme workloads dictate
- Perform all personnel functions when required by the absence of the operations manager
- Regularly work with engineering, material control supervisor, purchasing and all other managers and supervisors to enhance shop efficiency and drive down cost
- Regularly looks at load vs. capacity issues and plans accordingly to best estimate forecast
- Responsibly follow departmental procedures and work instruction as written and recommend improvements as necessary
- Identify and report quality problems and initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product or process and the quality system
- Any other task/activity assigned by the supervisor within the scope of the fabrication system
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Company Quality System
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Production or similar field degree
- 2 to 5 years of job related experience Production Supervisor Competencies
- Communication - Advanced professional written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Quality Management - Provides high quality services, processes, programs and products while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Safety – adheres to all workplace trade safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices