PURPOSE: Reporting to the Production Manager the Production Supervisor will have operating responsibility for safety, quality, cost, productivity, and management of the Paper Machine and support area production teams at this tissue operation in the Great Lakes region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign and direct work as needed.
- Supervise production and certify that safety and quality is being maintained throughout the operations.
- Effectively communicate day-to-day information on critical and routine issues affecting safety, productivity, quality, and personnel to shift successor.
- Ensure training is provided when needed.
- Develops working knowledge of all process areas in Areas including process flow, operator responsibility, and areas for improvement.
- Assists with data collection for justification of capital expenditures.
- Monitors process variables and recommends changes in operation for improved performance.
- Work on improvement projects where needed.
- B.S. Paper, Chemical, Industrial Engineering, or related technical field preferred
- Paper mill operations experience preferred, experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Strong Safety focus
- Excellent communication skills, ability to gain buy-in from diverse workforce