Magellan Aerospace Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for Production Supervisor to lead our Afternoon/Night Shift team (Mon-Thu, 2:45pm-1:15am).
In this position, the successful candidate will utilize their team development, technical and leadership skills in order to achieve the business goals of on-time delivery and quality performance in a cost effective manner. The individual will also oversee the utilization of labour and resources of the assigned cell/department to ensure conformance to company procedures, customer specifications and maintain smooth operation of the group.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Production Supervisor’s major activities and responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain conformance with all Health and Safety regulations
• Build, develop and mentor team members to form a strong operations group and continuously improve on results
• Supervise repair and fabrication of parts to customer specification using specified methods and tooling.
• Coordinate the application of support functions within the assigned department/cell to ensure material plans are achieved.
• Optimize and track shop performance (efficiency and utilization) commensurate with above.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and Union Agreement, including initial administration of local grievance and other personnel related activities associated with the departments being supervised.
• Responsible for recommending improvements to the overall operations and equipment of their respective department/cell.
• Agree and monitor performance of department/cell to budgets for attendance, consumable spending, clocking performance and overtime.
• Maintain the operating condition of all equipment within departmental jurisdiction and coordinate any repair/P.M. action with maintenance.
• Resolve manufacturing issues as they arise, and take corrective measures to ensure smooth running of the department work
• Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or MRO environment.
• Health and Safety supervisor training
• Post-Secondary education in a relevant field is an asset
• Material and Manufacturing Resource Planning, including a working understanding of capacity resource planning applicable to workload.
• Understanding of the use of statistical tools, such as Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, 5S, Lean Manufacturing techniques, including Corrective Actions in a team based environment.
• A working knowledge of ISO9001 and/or AS9100 Quality systems.
• Strong PC skills, and understanding of ERP/MRP
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!