My client is looking for a Production Supervisor who will be primarily responsible for supervising the operations, personnel and cost structure of our Manufacturing division. This position will develop and execute a production schedule covering approximately 20-30 people on the shift. The emphasis is upon being able to quickly identify opportunities, train workforce and implement Lean Manufacturing for measurable improvements. Supervises department(s) that includes assigning work, facilitating team involvement, ensuring performance management processes are complete, scheduling work, ensuring needed equipment is purchased, maintenance of equipment on shift, and developing and complying with budget.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
Click here to apply online
- Works with all employees on the shift to ensure quality assurance. This includes manufacturing product to quality specifications and requirements for the department(s)
- Collaborates with Production Manager to plan and complete shift goals and initiatives.
- Prioritize shift workloads.
- Direct and allocate labor as needed with and through Lead personnel.
- Prioritize labor and material as needed to complete the production schedule.
- Utilize computer system to verify and order materials as needed to complete the schedule, and confirm and execute work schedules.
- Counsel, coach, train and direct employee’s in proper safety methods, basic work requirements, and attention to detail as needed.
- Manages and resolves employee issues through effective problem solving and mediation with assistance from Human Resources as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement by improving Quality, Delivery and Cost. Utilizing LEAN, TQM and other quality systems tools. Coaches on key manufacturing processes, reducing changeover and set-uptimes, reducing scrap.
- Interface with maintenance, other manufacturing lines, materials, customer service, HR, management and other groups as needed to complete assignments.
- Will lead team in all safety aspects
- Enforce and implement company Policy, Safety Rules and Regulations. Generate reports in EXCEL, Word and email as requested.
- Understand and communicate head count requirements for production schedule demand.
- Conduct employee annual evaluations and reviews.
- Coaches all reports on safety improvements, department inspections or audits and ensures 5S is fully implemented.
- Responsible for daily accuracy of time keeping
- Records all daily rework and assists Production Managers with development of counter-measures to eliminate rework
- Creates and implements processes to meet or exceed KPI goals