Production Supervisor – Department Manager
- Consumer products manufacturer that has been in business for 70 years recently had a retirement and is searching for a Department Manager
- If you are interested in stability and want to find an organization with a great work-life balance, then this could be the right fit for you.
- They are looking for a department manager that can bring new ideas, implement continuous improvement principles and lead the team effectively
- Relocation is not available nor is sponsorship
- Responsible for enforcing all company rules with regard to safety and housekeeping standards, and driving the safety culture with a behavior-based orientation
- Monitoring and reporting performance KPI’s
- Responsible for maintaining production yields and efficiencies, quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Maintaining and enhancing team members’ knowledge of all critical to quality and critical to processes elements
- Monitor for trends, and report any process or equipment problems, documenting all maintenance breakdowns
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- 4-year BS/BA degree is preferred or an equivalent amount of Production Supervision / management experience in a manufacturing setting
- 5+ years of manufacturing supervisory experience is required. Ideally in a packaging, consumer products, printing or similar manufacturing environments
- Working knowledge with manufacturing principles such as: KPI’s, metrics, GMP’s, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, ISO, etc
- Able to hire, fire, discipline, coach and mentor the hourly employees
- Excellent communication skills, a natural leader and able to work in a team environment that utilizes multi-tasking skills
If you have excellent leadership skills and interested in working for a very stable organization with a great work-life balance, then send us your resume and we will respond asap!