This position is responsible for providing supervision, planning, coordinating and direction to all production staff on their designated shift in the efficient operation of the plant. Communicates effectively to the Operations Manager in a timely manner all issues that concern the plant and finished products.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Communicate and execute the production schedule.
- Direct all hourly production personnel organizing the work activities to accomplish the planned daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly activities.
- Provide support to management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve product/packaging issues.
- Ensure safety in the workplace by reporting unsafe conditions and unsafe employee behaviors.
- Complete periodic and annual reviews for all hourly personnel.
- Manage labor and material resources to maximize efficiency and yields.
- Ensures continuity of production lines and production of quality products by scheduling assigned shifts.
- Monitors and controls employee’s hours to meet or exceed Company/Plant goals and objectives.
- Directs and develops employees by providing formal and informal performance planning and assessment including disciplinary actions when needed.
- Protect company assets by the direct intervention of any condition resulting in the abuse of equipment or buildings.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement in phases of production.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices), safety procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- Enforces all plant safety regulations by monitoring employee conduct, ensuring that all employees are properly trained and disciplining employees for unsafe acts and for not following safety rules.
- Investigates work-related accidents that occur within his/her scope of responsibility and completes required reports and paperwork.
- Coordinates the requirement and placement of raw ingredients and packaging materials.
- Communicates the daily production schedule to the crew members are properly placed to ensure proper shift start up.
- Ensures that all finished products completed meet all finished Customer specifications.
- Completes all production records correctly for the shift and ensures it is turned in at the end of each shift. This is to include all finished tagging and production paperwork.
- Identifies safety hazards and sees that they are corrected as quickly as possible. This is done by either taking direct action to correct the hazard or by communicating the hazard to the Plant Manager Follows up to ensure the hazard is corrected.
- Coordinates activities of operation between departments
- All other duties as assigned.
- Direct all hourly production personnel on designated shift.
- A college degree is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- The candidate must possess a strong working knowledge of food manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices is beneficial.
- Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change.
- Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial.
- Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software and be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
Additional Considerations: No Travel
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, color perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position works hand in hand with the production staff and 95% of your time will be spent on the production floor. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
Click here to apply online
- Health Care – (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays (including Birthday and Anniversary)
- Boot Program
- 401K Program