Our client, located in the Fayetteville, NC area, has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift Production Supervisor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.Accountable for managing overall production planning practices to ensure daily prioritized production schedules, quality and timely delivery of products, taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements.
- Ensures labor and machine capacities to accomplish production schedules
- Leads cross-functional team to direct the order fulfillment process for assigned product lines
- Provides leadership to make sure proper customer service, safety, 5S, quality, delivery, and productivity goals are in place and are promptly accomplished
- Responds to line down issues and provides leadership to root cause analysis and corrective action plan execution
- Work with production planner to ensure changeover sequencing minimizes labor and material costs, if applicable
- Coordinates machine maintenance with maintenance staff to minimize production downtime and increase production efficiency
- Works to control the minimization of scrap
- Must keep the entire staff accountable to uphold Company Policies and Procedures. Production Supervisor is also responsible for all documentation relative to attendance and disciplinary issues
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years production leadership experience
- Green Belt Preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret shop drawings, technical procedures, and listing agreements
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure/training manuals
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have knowledge and be proficient in the use of internet software, primarily Microsoft Office
- The individual would be measured on successes in the following areas: safety record, reject/scrap percentages, attendance, meet or exceed production rates, production staff evaluations, competence of production staff, production output efficiency improvement
For consideration submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to apply online