endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the areas of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost. This role has supervisory responsibility directing 20 – 40 production employees in the operation of a variety of machines and manual processes. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance with Lean Manufacturing principles, General Housekeeping practices and participation in and leading Continuous Improvement activities. Where necessary, this position has the latitude to reallocate tasks to ensure production targets are achieved. The Supervisor manages the supply budget for the assigned areas. Performance is measured by obtainment of production targets and adherence to Key Performance Indicators such as quality audit scores, schedule adherence, safety incidents and on-time and complete deliveries. This position is expected to maintain a hands-on, highly visible, and positive presence on the shop floor, interacting with employees, troubleshooting problems, and actively involved in the daily issues of assigned areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety in area of supervision and entire shop floor completing accident investigations within 48 hours.
- Employee Relations & Supervision
- Supervise, develop, and mentor team members to enhance the functioning of the team.
- Maintain positive employee relations through fair and consistent application of policies and procedures and using direct and proactive communication skills.
- Supervise direct repots by providing coaching, feedback, reminders and mentoring as appropriate.
- Effectively interact with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Develop and evaluate Production Operators & Assistant Supervisors.
- Prepare and communicate regular performance appraisals and development plans for assigned employees in conjunction with the company’s standards.
- Take an active role in resolving and mediating employee conflict situations in a timely and appropriate manner, consulting with and referring such matters to Human Resources as appropriate.
- Delegate as appropriate to keep focused on the larger picture to achieve goals.
- Recommend staffing levels and changes due to changes in the department.
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, orientating, and training new staff members.
- Conduct regular meetings with team members and use a variety of methods to educate team on company and department procedures, changes, new information, etc.
- Inspect and measure parts and products to verify conformance to product specifications.
- Set up and lead containment activities of defective material.
- Direct workers to adjust machines and equipment to repair products that fail to meet standards.
- Delegate when appropriate to keep focused on the larger picture to achieve goals.
- Achieve minutes/unit goals and schedule attainment by leading production activities.
- Assign employees to stations based on Daily Production Schedule.
- Recommend staffing levels and changes due to changes in requirements.
- Processes/Procedures/Problem Solving
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Support Continuous Improvement and monitor 5S and housekeeping.
- Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Plan flow of materials through department and develop physical layout of machines according to work orders.
- Work with Engineering on prototype set up and runs.
- Compute amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and requisitions materials from storage area.
- Work with the Materials Department on routine inventories to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Monitor scrap rates.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Input production numbers into database at end of shift.
- Maintain and update SQDC boards.
- Review vacation request; approve or deny on timely basis.
- Verify time sheets.