endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Experience Required: 3-5 years minimum
Our client is seeking to fill the position of 3rd Shift Production Supervisor.
Job Function: Oversee, provide leadership for and coordinate activities for production within the plant.
- Supervise all employees in your department and manage the flow of production.
- Assure good housekeeping throughout facility.
- Able to coach and give disciplinary notices to employees when necessary.
- Schedule and post overtime requirements when necessary.
- Liaison to Team Leaders on all shifts (Coach, Lead, and Direct). Must be willing to accept phone calls during off hours.
- Focus on improving product and process capability.
- Forward thinking and self motivated in relation to production floor/ systems improvements.
- Actively participate in all aspects of quality control as it related to daily production.
- Involved in problem solving and corrective actions related to production issues.
- Verify work standards/ set up sheets, quality checkpoint sheets and all other production related documents are present at the point of use and up to date. Must also ensure employees follow them.
- Monitor scrap on daily basis and implement corrective actions to achieve yearly scrap goals
- Oversee production meetings with employees in your department.
- Monitor vacation/bonus days and attendance of employees in your department.
- Update and assess employee-training matrix at all times.
- Monitor shop floor safety and assess training for employees in your department.
- Supports, enforces and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- In charge of completing performance evaluations on employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience. Union experience preferred.
- Solution oriented with the ability to investigate and analyze data for problem solving.
- Project Management skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to think and act cross-functionally.
- Basic mechanical aptitude with strong attention to detail focus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly complex setting.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.