endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Directs and coordinates activities of the production department in processing materials or manufacturing products either personally or through subordinates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews production schedule to ascertain product data such as types, quantities and specifications of products.
- Follows planned production priorities as specified by the Production Manager.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews operator reports and resolves operational and manufacturing to ensure minimum costs to prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to HR for action.
- Schedule operators to machines, reviews operator time records and approves/denies operator time off requests.
- Assumes responsibilities of set-up and Material Handler as needed.
- Frequent quality checks on parts that are in production to reduce the amount of scrap and rework.
- Oversees housekeeping of production area.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Reports machine and equipment malfunctions to Production Manager and/or maintenance personnel.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Fills in for Production Manager as needed to cover for time away from building, including editing the production schedule, ……………………
- Directly supervises approximately 10-20 employees in the Production Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include:
- Interviewing, hiring and training employees.
- Planning, assigning and directing work.
- Appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and at least one to three years related experience and/or training.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Powered Lift Truck license preferred
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.