Our client, a leader in agricultural equipment manufacturing, requires Production Supervisors for their state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Swift Current, SK.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for providing overall supervision, administration, and technical direction, one for Shipping/Receiving, and one for Fabrication, which includes coaching and coordinating, scheduling, removing bottleneck of crews and equipment to maximize productivity, while ensuring all Safety Standards are followed and exceeded.
The Production Supervisor must be able to communicate with a variety of personalities and co-ordinate between related departments to develop an atmosphere of teamwork to maintain optimal workflow. The successful candidate should have experience within busy a Manufacturing, Agriculture or Industrial environment. You pride yourself on being a hands-on supervisor/coach with an open-door policy. You are noted for treating your team as family and getting to know what motivates them to succeed. You yourself will need to be a motivated go-getter who has a track record of developing and motivating strong teams, with a knack for inter-personal relations.
- Supervision of team members
- Assisting with the selection and orientation of new team members
- Ensuring training and development of team members takes place
- Conducting performance reviews of team members
- Cooperating with all areas within the company to ensure overall company goals are met
- Implementing cost-effective procedures and process improvements
- Ensuring compliance with all safety legislation and procedures
- Managing timecard use, including attendance, vacation time and overtime
- Conducting team meetings as required
- Experience in Manufacturing, Agriculture, Mechanical or Industrial industries
- Innovative, ability to identify and implement new processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team and project
- Developed communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Developed decision-making skills
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc.
- Proficient in working with computers and various software applications.
Our client offers a highly competitive wage, comprehensive benefits package, and an opportunity to join their Group RRSP Program. This is a rewarding progressive opportunity to maximize your abilities, as well as those of your team and the company at large, while serving the greater agricultural/industrial community.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity for which you would like more information on, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or EMAIL Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online