Production Shift Manager
Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Production Shift Manager.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 34.5 hours per week
- 7am – 7pm
- Sun-Mon-Tue / Wed-Thu-Fri - 4 week rotation
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To work directly with Production Management to coordinate work schedules and manage resourcing levels in support of business requirements. This role will require high levels of communication and organisation to ensure product flow is achieved within the Production department to meet customer deadlines.
Perks and Benefits:
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with Production Management and the production team to coordinate machine shop activities to achieve the manufacturing schedules issued
- Provide direction on routing of work to next operation where required alongside work instructions
- Support the escalation of work issues to Production Management as required
- To ensure the production team are working in line with all company requirements including following work-to list and set up sheets, arranging training and support where required.
- To support the allocation of resource to the required work areas in order to achieve workload demands.
- Ensure full and detailed handovers are provided to all necessary departments at the end of each shift
- Provide detailed reports to production management on productivity, people matters, machining issues and any other relevant shift matters including health & safety concerns
- Resolution of people matters within the department with relevant support when required
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with Production Management & team members
- Carry out job card auditing to ensure compliance to company requirements and providing adherence training where needed
- Work with the Engineering Team and Production Team in to review and re-plan existing work to achieve cost reductions and better utilisation of cutting times, machine use, set up times, tooling, etc
- Verify component quality as per Quality Department standards and procedures
- Support the escalation and investigation of quality issues in order to achieve resolution
- Contribute to a positive working environment providing support and organising training to others in manufacturing processes and good working where required
- Maintain and promote a high standard of workmanship and productivity within the team addressing productivity and people concerns in line with company policies and processes.
- Actively support and contribute to the continuous improvement programme and lean manufacturing whilst continually reviewing working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value adding activities
- To carry out and promote good housekeeping and maintenance of working environment including keeping shopfloor free of spills
- Work in a safe manner complying with all risk assessments and procedures in line with company Health and Safety policy, reporting and logging any Health & Safety incidents that occur ensuring team members adhere to Health & Safety policies at all times including the use of PPE
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by management in support of a changing business environment in order to achieve organisational requirements
- Good general education
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years in a leadership role preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Health and Safety
- Suitable experience in people management
- Manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Attention to detail
- Organisational Skills
Other skills/Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Problem Solving
- Written and verbal communication
- Good time management and able to work under pressure
- Clear communicator
- Organised and methodical
- Demonstrates values consistent with the corporate culture, management and operating style expected of Magellan employees
- Team player
- Committed to best practice
- Ability to train, mentor and develop others
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!