SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Shift Manager reports directly to the Operations Manager and will identify and drive production improvements, maintain high levels of manufacturing and product quality, design new processes, as well as ensure cost-efficiency. This position will have oversight of the maintenance technicians on the shift.
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Responsible for managing uptime on all production lines.
• Prioritize work orders based on the company demand.
• Ensure work orders are current and entered as needed.
• Provide production and technical support for a 24/7 manufacturing operation ensuring machine output is maximized.
• Support operational metrics and company goals through identifying and leading safe and sustainable process, equipment, and technological improvements.
• Document changes and process information for purposes of training, troubleshooting, or general dissemination.
• Research, recommend, and justify capital equipment expenditures in support of department and company goals.
• Address highest priorities with Maintenance staff and adjust tasks based on priorities.
• Lead multiple engineering projects simultaneously to support continuous improvement within Operations.
• Manage project support teams and document project management process through departmental goal setting and project management software.
• Identify and resolve issues utilizing scientific approaches such as Root Cause Analysis, Six Sigma concepts, and Lean methodologies.
• Provide internal customer satisfaction through exceptional service as a key production support Participate in and support continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant. Sustain 6S program in the production cells, supporting team members and reporting repeat variation to leadership.
• Work safely, following all safety policies and proactively participating in the safe work of others and the safety of the overall environment.
• Perform other support work to enable the team to be successful and as requested by plant leadership.
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES):
• Bachelor’s degree or closely related field with 5-10 years of experience supporting manufacturing operations, preferably in a 24/7 process manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated capability of leading small technical improvement projects for increased reliability or efficiency.
• Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
• Excellent team-oriented communication skills, both oral and written.
• Exposure to Lean and Six sigma methodologies, with preference for experience leading continuous improvement projects in an environment focused on operational excellence.
• Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift or carry parts, material and product of up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to grasp, pinch, reach, finger, pick, or otherwise work with fingers, hands and arms for regular tasks.
• Must be able to wear eye and hearing protection and operate effectively in temperatures ranging from 60 to 110 F.
• Must climb steps, maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling, have good hand/eye coordination, stoop, and bend. Must be capable of visually detecting defects, depth, colors, variances, and see objects as real.