Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Production Scheduler.
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Working within the Planning & Scheduling Team, the Production Scheduler will support Production & Production Control with the execution of the Production Schedules, ensuring alignment to the Master Production Schedule (MPS). They will review & report Operational KPI’s (SOT/OTC/DAWC/MPS adherence) across all MALUK divisions and support improvement activities to improve the Doable Plan process and future Rate Readiness. They will be required to analyse the planning parameters to identify issues and working RCCA methodology to resolve before they impact the business
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Essential Duties Responsibilities
- Generate & Distribute CRP – Capacity & Resource Plans
- Track, monitor & report operational KPI’s (SOT/OTC/DAWC/MPS adherence/Buffer adherence)
- In conjunction with Production, Production Control & Master Schedulers, monitor the progress of schedules and escalate/communicate issues in line with MOS (Magellan Operating System) requirements at the Doable Plan Sign off reviews
- Develop & Chair Weekly Doable Plan reviews
- Co-ordinate with teams and be part of ensuring NPI is achieved in line with customer objectives
- Liaise with internal teams on data integrity, routing accuracy, machining and processing times, set up times etc. Track and monitor progress & changes
- Support Config & Production Control team members on accuracy of the BoM (bill of materials)
- Review and adhere to all MOS policies relating to the Production Scheduler R&R’s
- Stay informed of current projects, manufacturing workload and processes to support capacity and resource planning, including development of capacity charts etc with Master Production Schedulers
- Develop understanding of MALUK Production Processes and Single Points Of Failure (SPF) to establish Risks to the MPS, working with divisions to reduce/eliminate risks to customer
- Participate in training activity in company as required.
- Work with a minimum amount of supervision and maintain good level of productivity.
- Work in a safe manner in compliance with company Health & Safety policy. Report and log Health & Safety incidents that occur.
- Actively support and contribute to continuous improvement programme.
- Continually review working practices to remove and reduce waste and non-value adding activities.
- Positively support teamwork and circulation of experience within the workforce.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the work area.
- GCSE’s to satisfactory standard (C and above)
- ILM L3+ desired but not essential
- Minimum of 3 years experience of a manufacturing environment, preferably production planning experience within SAP
- Good communication skills
- Time Management
- Ability to analyse data and develop plans
Other skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes
- Team work
- IT Competency including a proficient understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Give advice/guidance
- Ability to work under pressure
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!