Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner. The successful incumbent will develop and coordinate production plan and schedule for Shop Floor. The Production Planner will also maintain planning parameters to ensure accuracy in the MRP system.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Free parking
- Implement Production Scheduling (place requisition, schedule and release work orders) as a doable plan to the Shop Floor
- Generate, review, and submit Exception Messages to correct gaps in the production schedule
- Monitor Late Hours using various reports, and reschedule to a doable plan by communicating with Production Control and Operations
- Communicate with Program Manager to work on rescheduling PO’s when schedule is no longer doable
- Create and maintain reports in Planning and Scheduling responsibilities to manage MRP activities and ensure data accuracy
- Maintain planning parameters to ensure accuracy in MRP system; establish strong understanding of MRP System
- Demonstrate strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills to assist with planning and scheduling functions
- Assist in supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (Engineering degree preferred); or 5 to 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong presentation skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.