PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the effective planning, management, and execution of projects from the initial plan through final shipment to the customer by way of Production Planning methods to ensure the timely and quality execution of transactions and production schedules via information systems.
- Process assigned projects in a timely manner on, at, or below their budget. Maintain a controlled process.
- Initiate, maintain, and complete production orders for assigned projects producing a quality product consistent with current engineering BOM’s.
- Accurately plan and schedule necessary resources – labor, floor, and material – for effective production execution.
- Follow up and pursue the information and material necessary to ensure quality and adherence to the delivery schedule is maintained.
- Interface with the Purchasing and Materials departments regarding material movement and expediting as circumstances dictate.
- Interface with the Robot Planning group regarding robot movement, coordinating incoming and outgoing requirements.
- Maintain project scheduling and quality by having total project awareness, developing and executing project critical path sequence of events plan. Maintain open/teamwork communications regarding the product/project status.
- Review the project and resolve any discrepancies (including reconciling the production order).
- Provide feedback to the Manufacturing Manager regarding productivity, capabilities, processes and anticipated problems.
- Remain flexible and open to changes so project deliveries will be maintained.
- Assist in the resolution of questions and problems related to the completion of production orders.
- Proven statistical problem solving.
- Proven materials and production business knowledge.
- Associates degree in Business or Material Management preferred, or equivalent Planning/Scheduling experience of 2-3 years with demonstrated success in a job shop environment., BS/BA preferred.
- Experience with Oracle ERP preferred.
- APICS Certifications desirable.