Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has an exciting opening for a Production Planner / Quality Administrator. This successful incumbent will establish, communicate, and coordinate the execution of the production plan in support of the plant-level loaded schedule, customer demand and forecasts, delivery performance, and sales goals. The Production Planner and Scheduler will plan and communicate schedules, execute policies and procedures, and recommend improvements in production planning, control, and scheduling to support division’s delivery performance goals. The position reports to the Manager of Production Planning, Control, and Scheduling and has significant growth opportunities. The pay range is $17/hr to $19/hr.
- Formulate and maintain the plant-level loaded master schedule in accordance with customer demand and MOS-level loading principals
- Ensure accurate MRP or equivalent system outputs by overseeing and monitoring MRP system setup, parameters, daily dispatch lists, and master schedules
- Work with order Entry team, customer account management and Operations teams including Shop Floor Supervisors, and all other functional areas as required, to coordinate, schedule, and prioritize work through all work centers in support of the plant level loaded schedule, Sales plan, and customer demand in the most efficient manner possible
- Assist in monitoring proper planning, scheduling, and execution of shop orders to help ensure efficient parts flow and material through the shop and that proper part traceability is maintained along with monitoring queue and lead times and develops plans to reduce and improve
- Work with Operations and Purchasing to ensure proper shop order transactions are executed in the MRP system
- Help review and maintain Capacity to ensure proper staffing, resource scheduling, and utilization
- Develop and maintain visual measures/metrics of team performance including work in progress (WIP) in conjunction with the operations team to meet Magellan MOS requirements
- Provide an effective interface between Company Departments
- Other related tasks like assisting in new part/process introduction process or maintaining third-party accreditations, such as AS9100, Nadcap, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (Engineering degree preferred); or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CAPM/CPIM/PMP Certification is required, typically within 6-9 months of assignment. Familiar with ISO9001/AS9100
- One year experience in planning and scheduling in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of MRP/ERP systems, LEAN, JIT, Shop Safety, Customer and project management.
- Excellent in Computer skills like Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Project, and PowerPoint, excellent oral and written communication skills as these are required to accomplish day-to-day work activities
- Understand and execute policies and procedures related to planning and scheduling.
- Excellent problem-solving & continuous improvement skills, analytical, multi-tasking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)