Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 38 hours per week
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union
To lead and develop the Production Manufacturing machine shop facility, including systems and procedures, implementation of lean manufacturing methods and 5S principles.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership/AA home emergency response discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Health care vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To plan, organise and schedule work through manufacturing on a daily basis, ensuring delivery to customer to the required quality standards, timescales and costs as laid down by the business plan.
- To ensure that the MOS™, Magellan Operating System processes are embedded within manufacturing and are compliant with the methodology.
- To implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) governing the entire process from receipt of raw materials to despatch
- To review and challenge all manufacturing processes with a view to implementing lean and continuous improvement.
- To be conversant and compliant with HSE regulations and to work with the contracted assistance to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all.
- To work with the Operations Director and peer group to develop and introduce new and improved products and to strive for an ever improving level of service to customers.
- To be responsible for all disciplinary matters including absence levels, holidays, timekeeping and working to company disciplinary procedure.
- To manage the operation within agreed budget
- To carry out twelve monthly appraisals, creating and maintaining training matrices and recommending and organising training as appropriate.
- To continue the personal development of self and agree to undertake development/training with the Operations Director
- Responsible for the hiring of new employees and maintenance of headcount budgets within the company policy and procedure.
- Preferred BSc in Engineering, Time served engineering apprenticeship
- 5 – 10 years experience in a similar position within a high speed machine shop
- Leadership, analytical, numerate, competent in report writing, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Other skills/abilities/personal attributes:
- Man management, resource scheduling, numerate, literate, Business-oriented, experienced and competent in processes and workflows in the manufacturing environment with a customer-caring approach
- Planning, A successful track record in lean implementation with demonstrable workplace evidence.
- A creative thinker who can operate and implement ideas on their own initiative
- A capable leader, able to coach and develop direct reports and achieve results through their development.
- Effective interpersonally, strongly people-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Business-oriented, experienced and competent in processes and workflows in the manufacturing environment with a customer-caring approach
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, dedicated person with drive who is task and people focussed simultaneously.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!