Client Company is a world-class company that produces, distributes and markets cement, ready-mixed concrete, aggregates, and innovative products related to the construction industries in North America. We take pride in being a market leader with a culture of innovation, high performance and safety. Company offers a very competitive benefits program including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance plans, and a 401K.
Responsible for the supervision and coordination of all activities within the Clinker and Cement Business Unit to ensure a safe, efficient and continuous operation of the plant manufacturing process.
- Responsible for the development, training and ongoing education-related aspects for the entire workforce in the Clinker and Cement Business Unit.
- Accountable for developing or overseeing the development of Standard Operating Procedures for the Production Department.
- Responsible for the optimization of production rates on all main process equipment. Is able to accomplish this by conducting various process audits and heat/mass balances to establish technical recommendations for improvement.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and continuous tracking or monitoring of all Production and Process Key Performance Indicators through extracting data from company systems.
- Responsible for the accurate diagnosis for malfunctions on all systems, and prioritizing of action plan to correct.
- Provide input in the Preventive Maintenance Program and initiating work orders for corrective or improvement type repairs. Hold all other Departments or Business Units accountable for actions, or lack of actions, taken to maintain a safe and efficient continuous operation.
- Closely monitor and track daily records/ logs, reports, statistical process control charts, short interval control sheets, quality parameters and environmental compliance limits to verify conformance to specifications and coordinate any necessary adjustments to the process required.
- Responsible for maintaining plans and schedules for work and training of employees assigned to the production continuous process operation.
- Provide resource allocation for special needs in the plant or other departments.
- Coordinate and communicate with Laboratory personnel to assure product quality is optimum per the parameters set and responsible to make any necessary adjustments required to process.
- Coordinate, communicate and cooperate with personnel from the Environmental, Purchasing, Maintenance, Safety, High Performance and Process Control departments to maximize efficiency of activities within the Operations Team.
- Accountable for all cost control and contractor activity within the Production department span of control. Included are all aspects of refractory management from determining the scope of work through securing contractors via bid packages and execution of work.
- Act as Control Room Leader in emergency situations.
- Understand and interpret company policies and procedures for workers, evaluate employees and enforce safety regulations.
- Embrace all requirements in support of the High Performance System, Continuous Improvement (CI) documentation, Material Transformation (MAT), and Procurement to Pay (P2P) initiatives.
- Recommend, design and implement corrective measures, methods, procedures, processes or systems to improve manufacturing as it relates to equipment performance and quality of product. Suggest changes in working environment to enhance the conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department or Continuous Improvement Teams.
- Will maintain and enforce a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, supervise daily housekeeping of assigned area, adhere to plant policies and proper use of plant radios.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, safety procedures for plant mobile equipment, lockout/Tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process (via Waste Management Plan) for lubricants, paints/solvents and other environmentally sensitive materials.
- Ensure quality of work performed, support, promote and utilize continuous improvement system, observe and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyze root cause failure.
- Engineering B.S. Degree, or equivalent, with 10 years of cement manufacturing experience with control room operator and/or process engineering background.
- Knowledge of database software, internet software, inventory software, manufacturing software, project management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Cement Manufacturing for Process Engineers (PCA)
- Cement Manufacturing Class (PCA)
- Kiln Training (PCA)
- Mill Training (PCA)
Cement & Lime
Cement & Lime